Social media generally in the medical world is a sensitive subject, on one hand there are some stringent laws and regulations around practitioners’ use of it, but also because of a lack of experience or understanding of how to use it effectively.
Instagram is used heavily by Doctors in certain pockets of health and healthcare, and the medicos using it tend to post more personal content and advice.
We have researched and listed the most followed Doctors in Australia with a caveat that excludes Cosmetic Physicians and Plastic Surgeons (not because they are evil, but because the content and demographic is markedly different, and interestingly they have even bigger numbers of followers!).
With that in mind, check out the list below of the Top 15 with username and hyperlink to take you straight to their profile:
1. Dr Zameer Gill / Junior Doctor
2. Dr Sarah Gray / Junior Doctor
3. Dr Sandro Demaio / Public Health Doctor
4. Dr Preeya Alexander / GP
5. Dr Yumiko Kadota / Surgical Registrar
6. Dr Dan O'Neill / Paediatrics Registrar
7. Dr Nikki Stamp / Heart & Lung Surgeon
8. Dr Mike Cadogan / Emergency Physician
9. Dr Stephanie Demkiw / GP
10. Dr Andrew Lin
11. Dr Andrew Rochford / Emergency Physician
12. Dr Alison Colville / GP
13. Dr Lewis Ehrlich / Holistic Dentist
14. Dr Jill Gamberg / GP
15. Dr Izzy Smith / General Medicine Physician + Sports Doctor
16. Dr Davina Pereira / Emergency Physician
17. Dr Dee / Emergency Physician
Do you have a topic you would like Doctology to cover? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org today.